As many of you know, we recently moved to Waco, TX, where we have been super-busy with things like visits to (and from) grandparents, househunting, stomach bugs… not to mention unpacking! We are still settling in and getting to know the area, but since we haven’t had a real blog post in so long, I thought I’d go ahead and share some of the things I like best about Waco so far:
10) Nothing is more than 20 min. away.
9) There are two HEB Pluses (soon to be a third!). Furthermore, HEB’s Central Market brand offers Indian food that rivals Trader Joe’s.
8) It’s close to lots of other Texas cities—great for day trips, weekend getaways, visiting family, etc.
7) 1 lake + 2 rivers = lots of pretty water
6) Speaking of water, there are several splash pads at local parks (great free kid activity!).
5) There is also a small zoo! (I have a feeling Ambrose will be visiting it frequently over the next five years.)
4) There are several CBF churches from which to choose.
3) The town is small enough that if you want to get involved in the community, you probably can (unlike in a big city where you just can’t even begin to keep track of what all is going on, much less participate meaningfully in more than just a tiny corner).
2) Lots of ethnic/cultural diversity!
1) Taquitos and kolaches! (Ok, maybe this isn’t really #1… but I’ve really been enjoying this aspect of Texas life.)